Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Food!

For some reason I just felt like talking about food.  Not that I'm hungry, its just the opposite, I've been sick since Christmas (almost the whole time),and haven't felt liking eating much.

January 1, 2012:
First day of the new year we had Ham and Bean Soup with Corn Muffins.  I have been dying to make this ever since I brought home the ham bone from Christmas dinner at the farm.  Thanks Mavis!



It was delicious!!  Oh My, look at all that butter, hopefully I gave that corn muffin to Ronnie.  : )

January 3, 2012:
Next up was Chicken and Pasta with Fresh Spinach.  I've never cooked fresh spinach and was just guessing  at this receipe, hoping it was edible, since I had no back up in mind.



I generally don't like shell pasta except in this one mexican receipe, Fiesta Cassarole, oh what a yummy dish that is, but that's another story.  All we had was shell pasta so that is what I used.  I added the spinach at the end and cooked it just enough to wilt it.  This was delicious!!

January 6, 2012:
Okay, this is the third meal I've taken a picture of and Ronnie is now laughing say 'you are so funny'....
oops, I took a bite before remembering to take a picture....



Tonight we had Stuffed Shells and Salad, thanks mom!  Mom had made the stuffed shells and froze them for us.  I defrosted them, spooned some of our favorite sauce over them, Classico.  Covered them and popped 'em in the oven on low for 45 minutes.  Fantastic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment